You are here

Name Changes

To Update Your Name:

Name changes must be made through your PACER account and emailed to Attorney Admissions. In order for the Clerk’s Office to process a name change request, the request must be accompanied by a copy of the order from the Supreme Court of Florida changing your name. In the absence of such an order, a name change request will not be processed and an attorney must continue to file all documents under the name listed on the roll of attorneys of the Bar of the Southern District of Florida. Further, if the Supreme Court of Florida order is not submitted, Attorney Admissions may be unable to verify that an attorney is listed on the roll of attorneys. (See 3F of the Administrative Procedures)

Go to and log in to your PACER account.
Click Manage My Account at the top of the screen.

  • Click Maintenance tab
  • Click Update Personal Information
  • Click Submit
  • Email a copy of your Supreme Court of Florida Order changing your name to Florida Southern District Attorney Admissions (
  • Your name will be changed with the Florida Southern District Bar upon receipt of the Supreme Court of Florida Order.

Click here to email the Attorney Admissions Clerk (link sends e-mail).