Applicants must submit the following: (Forms are listed at the bottom of the page)
- Federal Judicial Branch Application for Employment (AO78)
- Resume including personal email address.
- Salary history for all positions held.
- Written statement (no more than two pages) describing the extent to which you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualification Requirements section, including examples of specialized experience, accomplishments, and responsibilities as they relate specifically to the position overview.
For U.S. Probation Officer Applicants – Submit the following:
- Review the Accepted Academic Fields of Study for Hazardous Duty position such as U.S. Probation Officers.
- Federal Judicial Branch Applicant for Employment (AO78).
- Hazardous duty supplement form.
For Official Court Reporters Applicants – Submit the following:
- Federal Judicial Branch Application for Employment (AO78).
- Court Reporter Application Addendum.
Submitting Your Application
Submit all application documents electronically in PDF, WordPerfect or Word format. The e-mail address for applications is FLSD_HRMAIL@FLSD.USCOURTS.GOV The subject line of the e-mail should indicate the announcement number noted on the full vacancy announcement for the position you are applying for.
Application materials may be sent via U.S. Mail and must be post-marked by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Human Resources, Room # 8S-47
400 North Miami Avenue
Miami FL 33128-7717
- Form AO-78
- Accepted Academic Fields of Study list
- Hazardous duty supplement form
- Court Reporter Application Addendum
Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered. Applications that are not related to a current posted job announcement will be disregarded.
Applications are not accepted via facsimile (fax). Unless specifically advised to do so by an HR Staff Member, do not fax applications as they will be disregarded.