You are here


At what prison is my family member and/or friend located? When can I visit?

For information on a where a defendant that is in federal custody is located, please go to for inmate location information. Please have their name, date of birth and/or prisoner number ready. Once you find the location, there will be a link to that federal detention facility with information on visiting hours, visiting regulations and contact information for the prison.

How do I post a cash bond?

The Clerk’s Office accepts cash bonds between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.

Method of Payments accepted:

  • Cashier’s Check
  • Money Orders
  • Trust Account Checks
  • Cash

NOTE: NO personal checks and NO credit cards accepted.

How or where do I pay my ticket?

Central Violations Bureau (CVB) Tickets: For information on how to pay your ticket, where to mail your payment and all other general ticket information, please go to

I posted a cash bond and now would like to get my money back. What do I need to do to get that money reimbursed to me?

To get a cash bond refunded to you, please fill out the Motion for Disbursement of Bond form.

If I posted a bond here in Florida for a Defendant in another District/State, how do I get my money back?

All funds posted in the Southern District of Florida would have been transferred to the District in which the case was adjudicated. You must contact the Clerk’s Office in the District in which the case was decided.

My family member and/or friend was just arrested. When will he/she be in court?

Pursuant to Federal Statutes all persons arrested must appear before the Duty Magistrate Judge the next available business day (excluding weekends and holidays). Usually he/she will appear before a Magistrate Judge the next business day.