Please select a section from the left.
Mission of the Clerk's Office
It is our honor and duty to provide the support needed to enable the Court as an institution to fulfill its constitutional, statutory and societal responsibilities for all who seek justice.
Advice from the Clerk's Office
Clerk’s Office staff cannot give “legal advice” or “practice law” as they are prohibited under
Title 28 U.S.C. Section 955. Therefore, Clerk’s Office personnel cannot:
- Explain the meaning of a specific rule
- Make an interpretation of case law
- Explain the result of taking or not taking an action in a case
- Answer whether jurisdiction is proper in a case
- Answer whether a complaint properly presents a claim
- Provide advice on the best procedure to accomplish a particular objective
Clerk’s Office staff can provide information such as:
- Instructions on how to execute a task (e.g., number of copies, use of forms, etc)
- Provide information as to compliance with this Court’s policies
- Provide information that can be found on a case docket